7 November 2013

Does third year make you lazy?

This might sound like a really weird title for a blog. I mean it's third year, you have deadlines left right and center, masses of reading to do, oh yeah and a dissertation too! You couldn't possibly be called lazy, right?

Except, being a third year English BA student I only have 5 contact hours a week.. 4 of which are on a Monday. There are 12 weeks in this term, so effectively I am paying about £30 for each lecture (per hour) or you could say, every time I decide to miss a lecture (whether I'm ill or perhaps had a little too much to drink..) I'm wasting £30! Think how much clothes and shoes and food I could by with that! I'd have to get this top..
From this shop.

I think what I'm trying to say here is, it's third year, yeah you have got a lot to do, but don't let the rest of your life go slack. It's you last chance to make the most of university life! Get involved, go out with friends, meet new people (still) and have fun! I haven't posted in this blog in months even though my New Year's resolution was to blog more! And I think I just use the excuse, 'I'm a third year now - I've got to take things seriously. I'm too busy for fun' but that's just not true!! There are 168 hours in a week, no one says you must have 9 hours a sleep to live. As my wise friend Charlotte 'Sully' Sullivan always says, you make space for the things you love and the things you want to do. Whether it's a 2am in the morning or 4pm in the afternoon, you find space. 
From now on I'm going to post every Thursday - even if it's just to say, I'm hungover and I should be working right now.. Because there is no point having a blog if it's going to be rubbish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment