6 June 2014

What To Do Now?

Exams are over, my course is finished, the hockey season is long gone and I've only got just over 2 weeks left in Leicester. What am I going to do now? I've got more free time then I could possibly imagine and a list of ideas so long I don't know where to start.

I've actually had all this freedom for the last 2 weeks and it's taken me that long to write this! All I've done in that time is celebrate and go to the gym... Okay, I've been to London and the Lake District but I haven't actually achieved anything. My friends are frantically applying for jobs now or sorting out where they're going to live next year, and what am I doing?

Nothing is the honest answer. Until today. I updated my LinkedIn, which was my new years resolution, refreshed my CV and emailed some friends about finding more work experience. This is the last time in a long while that I'll have this much free time so I don't want to waste it being lazy. I agree that it's a good idea to relax and enjoy myself but I wasn't that stressed in the first place so I can't really use that as an excuse..

This video really sums up for me how I want to live and I think everyone should watch it:

Don't waste time thinking about what you're going to do, just do it. It sounds like I'm writing a Nike advertisement, I know, but I mean it. I think the best way for me to make the most of my last couple of weeks in Leicester (and complete freedom) is to make a list of what I want to 'Achieve Before I Leave'.

I'm going to have a think over the next few days and post my list on Monday morning. Then when I leave I'll assess how well I've done. All suggestions are welcome.. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment